CalynMorgan

Words. Words. Words.

Socially awkward. Tattoo'd Mom. Wife. Star Trek/Wars geek. Harry Potthead. SuperWhoLockian. Marty McFly is my homeboy. Nerdfighter. I write YA sci-fi.

What Happens Next
Colleen Clayton
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe
Benjamin Alire Sáenz
The Waking Dark
Robin Wasserman

Grave Sight (Harper Connelly Series #1)

Grave Sight - Charlaine Harris Being a big fan of the Southern Vampire Mysteries I picked up another of Charlaine Harris' novels thinking to get the same attachment. Needless to say I was disappointed.While the main characters were okay and the plot had the potential to be great, the ending was kind of a dud. After the build up throughout the novel, the ending was abruptly summed up in the last 3 pages. Simple 'goodbyes' were said between characters that should have been more emotional. Not to mention little mistakes like Nell went from being 16 years old, to 17, then back to 16 and at times the dialog was confusing as to who was saying what. More action would have been nice, it seemed that what little action the story had was resolved in less than a page.Overall I gave it three stars because I love the stories centered around a Brother/Sister setting and the story had a nice flow. Harper and Tolliver were well written but it seems this novel was toned down when compared to the Sookie novels, which was disappointing knowing Harris has the skills to write a great novel.Would not exactly recommend this book to others but I will continue to read the series.